Twelve Weeks to a New Job: A Proven Guide to Networking
- Your Passion Fuels Your Progress. (Know your VALUE to Perspective Employers)
- People want to help. (Tell them how)
- Be Focused. (Be focused on Sectors, Companies and Industry Experts)
- Your Objective. (From all meetings get 2 names and greater sector knowledge in that order)
- Tenacity Wins. (How did you do this week?)
- Source names from HAPPEN members, ex-colleagues, consultants, customers and alumni
- Be organized from the get-go.
- 4-5 calls are often required to get a meeting
- Your behavior and determination demonstrates your value.
- Set a target for face-to-face meetings and hold to it.
- Phone calls, association and group events – important but don’t count.
- Under 5 face-to-face meetings means you aren’t serious about finding a Job.
- 5 to 7 meetings. You are beginning to show interest.
- 8 to11. You are taking this seriously; you average 2 meeting a day.
- 11 plus. You are a superhero.
- Remember the prize –10 mtgs/week x12 weeks = 120 mtgs = Many Job Opportunities
- The More you help others the More help you will receive.
* This summary is courtesy of Gordon Orlikow, Senior Client Partner, Korn/ Ferry International http://www.kornferry.com/Bios/GordonOrlikow