While everyone is compiling their resolutions and focusing on all the things to do in 2009, Robyn Greenspan, editor-in-chief of ExecuNet has put together his "to don’t" list — behaviors and actions he will hopefully stay away from in the new year. Here's Robyn's list:
So, in 2009 I will NOT:
- Set unrealistic or unfair expectations of myself. Say, "yes" to everything without first assessing the emotional, professional, personal, karmic ROI.
- Neglect to quickly give credit to the team.
- Solely focus on short-term benefits unless it is a pathway to accomplishing long-term goals.
- Get complacent.
- Count on anything before it is a reality.
- Forget to network because it often benefits someone other than myself.
- Stop critically thinking, but refrain from always shooting holes in others’ ideas.
- Always eat the goodies in the ExecuNet kitchen without bringing some to share too.
- Lose sight of the fact that I can replace my job but not my family.