So what makes a highly successful LinkedIn member? Here is what I have discovered as not only habits, but also “secrets” of the treasure chest on LinkedIn.
1. They invest their time strategically by putting fresh content on LinkedIn when it’s the best time to do so. Let me explain, for me weekends are times to prepare LinkedIn content, but as you will notice most collaboration does not take place on weekends. So hold the great Q/A’s, the awesome discussion topics, or the great status updates until Monday and never late Friday. Think about what your audience is doing and be strategic.
2. They use their status update to post something new every 24 to 48 hours and 80% of those updates include a link that gives a call to action. Such as signing up for your next webinar, promotions to visit your blog, or visiting your corporate website etc…
3. They answer target specific questions that are related to their target market. This is great exposure for your business that LinkedIn Pros are doing everyday!
4. They change their Picture profile every two months. This creates dialogue and interaction with your network. This is another way to keep your brand in front of everyone. Pictures are worth a thousand _ _ _ _ _ (fill in the blank)
5. They answer every LinkedIn email/InMail/message. Maybe not timely, but they never waste an opportunity!
6. They post their company events on the events application provided by LinkedIn and use this as a way to measure interest and involvement for such things as conferences, webinars, or seminars. The events application has only been recently used by LinkedIn Elite, but many are beginning to wise up to its amazing potential.
7. These highly successful members have identified their target markets on LinkedIn, their goals on LinkedIn, and are executing their plan every single work day. Social Media can be measured, but most don’t understand how to begin measuring their Social Media efforts because they have never identified their goals for using the LinkedIn space. Once you have identified your goals then you can build a measurable matrix to analyze your efforts.
I love your “7 Habits” ! Very “effective”. I follow most of these faithfully, with the exception of the picture one (I just don’t have that many pictures that look professional.
Thanks for sharing,
whoah this weblog is fantastic i love reading your posts.
Keep up the good work! You understand, lots of persons are searching around for this information, you can aid them greatly.
I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your site.
It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out
a developer to create your theme? Excellent work!