What is HAPPEN’s Mission and Purpose?
To reduce the time required for mid- to senior level managers, executives and
business professionals in career transition to regain employment.
How does HAPPEN do this?
1. By providing a weekly networking meeting forum for members to exchange
experiences, ideas, contacts and job leads;
2. By providing weekly seminars and monthly workshops that teach networking
skills, self-awareness and relevant skills that will shorten the job search process;
3. By providing timely, categorized leads to the “hidden” job market;
4. By publishing and distributing candidates’ profiles to human resources
professionals; By providing facilities, research tools and other networking
resources for candidates’ daily job search use between regular weekly meetings;
5. By providing job search tips, ideas and encouragement to members.
What is Networking?
Networking is an exchange of meaningful information between like -minded people in
a helpful, non-exploitive environment.
What is HAPPEN’s Networking Policy?
HAPPEN’s weekly meetings and Round Table Networking session are
exclusively for those networking to find employment. As such, no member or visitor
shall promote any goods or services during weekly Round Table networking sessions.
The purpose of this policy is twofold, namely:
(1) To ensure an open, collegial networking environment in which all HAPPEN
members can freely and actively dialogue about resources and contacts in
their relocation efforts.; and
(2) To achieve an open forum, members must not be exposed to individuals
marketing their goods or services to HAPPEN members at these meetings.
SCOPE: This policy is a specific condition of HAPPEN membership and, without
exception, applies to all members and visitors while attending HAPPEN’S weekly
networking meetings, monthly workshops or other HAPPEN events.
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the deb ts are high,
When care is pressing you down a bit –
Rest if you must, but don’t you quit!
Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar.
So, stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit –
It’s when things go wrong that you mustn’t quit!
- Author Unknown