HAPPEN's mandate is to reduce the time required for mid- to senior level managers and executives in career transition to regain employment and provide members with the tools to manage their careers.
- Providing regular networking forums for members to exchange experiences, ideas, contacts and job leads.
- Providing seminars and workshops that cover relevant skills that will shorten the search process.
- Introducing all members to our digital coaching services, including all our most popular presentations.
- Providing weekly, categorized job opportunities to the "hidden" job market.
- Publishing and distributing candidates' profiles to employers and human resources professionals.
- Providing members with a 24/7 networking connection we call Happen-link.
- Offering members access to a list of Approved Service Providers, to assist in all areas of job search.
- Offering members our unique personal marketing strategies call "Marketing Letters".
- New services being added all the time.
Board of Directors
Jim is the president of his own “Marketing Agency” called TellSell Marketing Services Inc. The name TellSell is derived from his belief that if you can TELL or communicate your story effectively, you will SELL your product or service. TellSell successfully introduced In-store couponing to over 1500 Non-Foodl retailers in the early 90’s.
Throughout his career Jim has been “downsized” 3 times and as a result has been fascinated by the challenges this process presents Individuals. Accordingly, he has been involved with many transition organizations such as Executives Available in Montreal, Thorn, Stevenson and Kellogg, Bootstraps, Knightsbridge and most recently as president of HAPPEN
Today HAPPEN is Canada’s Largest Network for Career Minded Professionals and Executives in Transition. HAPPEN’s core strength is that it holds regular face-to-face meetings in a number of locations, that give its members direct access to the “Hidden Job Market” where over 80% of all opportunities are found.
In HAPPEN’s 25 + years existence, we have helped over 30,000 individuals find meaningful employment through a combination of structured networking, relevant speakers, effective on-line tools and specialized workshops. Currently HAPPEN members are finding work in an average of 20 weeks.
Recently HAPPEN partnered with a team of experienced Professionals with first-hand knowledge of running a Non–Profit Organization plus a proven record of using digital media to effect tangible growth in memberships, services and corporate support.
As HAPPEN has a large and diversified pool of experienced talent we recognized the ever-changing demands of the workplace and accordingly, we are pleased to announce that as a result of these recent initiatives we have re-launched the NEW HAPPEN that will take happen beyond helping members find their next position but also focus on managing one’s career with a view to income for life.